This is a traditional method of installing new trenchless pipelines and is performed by pneumatically driven equipment. Diameters from DN25 to DN150 are available.
Distances: Pipe lengths up to 50 metres.
Installation rates: Up to 50 metres per day dependent on the required diameter and the ground conditions.
Accuracy: +/- 50mm Ground dependent.
Chiltern Thrust Bore has considerable expertise in Impact Moling services with over 20 years in the field installing pipes for various applications beneath items such as:
- Domestic installations
- Various watercourses including major rivers
- Runways and taxiways
- Coastal sea defences
- Environmentally sensitive areas
- Embankments/bunds etc...
the list goes on!
Advantages of Impact Moling
- Dry method of installation – no slurry removal
- Quick, efficient and therefore economic/cost effective
- No disruption to the surface infrastructure or services
- Unaffected by surface obstacles
- Cost effective and time saving alternative to open cut methods when installing pipes amidst extensive underground infrastructure or at significant depths
- Small overall footprint for the Works
- Pipework and cables can be installed in either straight or curved lines to help avoid underground complications
- Impact Moling requires minimal, or in some cases no excavations due to the equipment that is used
- Cost effective when compared to more traditional trenching methods
- A reduced requirement for possessions, road closures, opening notices etc, if required
- A reduced requirement for restricted working hours
- A reduced requirement for premium rate working