Guided Auger Boring (GAB)
Originally designed and predominately used for drainage, Guided Auger Boring is evermore becoming the methodology of choice for duct installations, particularly in sensitive areas or in adverse ground conditions.
This technique is the ideal No-Dig solution for gravity pipelines, drainage pipes and various ducting requirements.
Distances: Pipe lengths up to 100 metres.
Installation rates: Up to 10 metres per day dependent on the required diameter and the ground conditions.
Accuracy: +/- 1% ground dependent.
Vitrified Clay (VC) and Concrete installations: Diameters ranging from DN150 to DN900 are available and any combination of pipes or ducts can be inserted.
Steel sleeve installations: Diameters ranging from DN100 to DN1200 are available and any combination of pipes or ducts can be inserted.
Chiltern Thrust Bore has over 20 years of considerable experience in Guided Auger Boring, installing pipes for various applications beneath items such as:
- Various watercourses including major rivers.
- Runways and taxiways.
- Coastal sea defences.
- Environmentally sensitive areas.
- Embankments/bunds etc...
the list goes on!
Advantages of Guided Auger Boring
- Dry method of installation – no slurry removal.
- Quick, efficient and therefore economic/cost effective.
- No disruption to the surface infrastructure or services.
- Unaffected by surface obstacles.
- Cost effective and time saving alternative to open cut methods when installing pipes amidst extensive underground infrastructure or at significant depths.
- Relatively small overall footprint for the Works.
- A reduced requirement for possessions, road closures or opening notices etc if required.
- A reduced requirement for restricted working hours.
- A reduced requirement for premium rate working.